MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, May 15, 2009

Common Sense

Do I look like I'm under 21?

Twice in the last few weeks, I've been "carded"; asked to show ID that proves that I'm over 21. The first time was when I ordered a beer during a long delay at the airport in Cleveland. Then, on Tuesday night, at Citi Field, ame thing.

I would say it's flattering, but it's not. I'm 54 and I have grey hair and a grey beard. A ten year old can tell that I'm older than 21. It's just plain stupid.

Can' anyone just excercise judgment or common sense anymore or has that been taken away by the nanny state and plaintiff's lawyers.

Ich kenesht.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe they were checking the other way--didn't want the beer to have a negative impact on your 'old man' pills

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger uberimma said…

    I bought beer (as a thank-you for a friend) for literally the first time in my life last night. I got asked for ID. I'm 36 years old! I was buying a family's worth of groceries! Who do you think all these diapers are for? I just stared at her.

    Glad it's not just me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home