MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Velvel's Kedusha Problem

Velvel was whining about an 11 minute Kedusha 'concert' put on in his shul by a guest chazzan.

I happen to agree with Velvel that chazzanim who 'perform' during the davening, particularly during kedusha, are missing the point and creating a tircha for much of the mispalilim.

Velvel also complains that he was a captive audience since his is the only Orthodox shul for miles so he had no alternative.

All I know is that if I were davening at a shul that had scheduled a guest chazzan (which, Baruch Hashem, would never happen at my shul), I would be davening at the hashkama minyan.

Unfortunately for Velvel, I think he is unaware that there is such a thing as 7 a.m. on a Shabbos morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home