MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, August 23, 2004

A Story About Talent

Apropos of my recent post on talent, a story I heard from a friend:

Shaindel came home from a date and told her father that she wanted to marry Yankle.

"What does Yankle do?" asked the father?

"He's a Chazan (Cantor)" replied Shaindel.

"A Chazan? Absolutely not! I won't let you marry a Chazan," said the father.

"But Daddy, I love Yankle. I want to marry him!"

"No Chazanim. Absolutely not."

"But Daddy. Please, give him a chance! At least listen to him daven!"

Reluctantly, the father agreed and the next Shabbos went to the shul where Yankel davens for the amud.

Shaindel waited anxiously for her father's return.

When he arrived the father said. "OK. You can marry Yankle."

"But daddy, I thought you wouldn't let me marry a chazan."

"Nisht kan Chazan" replied the father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home