MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, August 30, 2004

When Did They Reduce The Minimum Age for Cops...

...to 16?

Walking from Penn Station to work today, there were cops everywhere. In Penn Station itself there were groups of 4 or 5 cops every few feet (to be honest, I didn't take that much comfort; they seemed to be shmoozing amongst themselves and checking out the young ladies passing by).

When I got to Fifth Avenue, there were cops directing traffic at every crossroad. The cops at these stations looked to be no more than 16. Someone told me that the City put all the trainees from the Police Academy in uniform for the Convention. That must be it. But they looked young even for that.

Maybe I'm getting old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home