MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Ruach Hakodesh

In response to the Jewish Blogmeister's view that it was ok for Jewish musicians to do stuff to make parnasah, I commented that:

I am not suggesting that song writers be destitute. I am suggesting that if money is the only factor motivating the writing of a song, it's unlikely that any particular ruach hakodesh is going to come down to you in the process.
He responds:

I think he makes a very valid point there is only one problem.. There is no more ruach hakodesh. The last person documented with ruach hakodesh was the Premishlaner (I can see an argument brewing here).
Let the argument commence. Who says there is no ruach hakodesh? There is no nevuah. There is ruach hakodesh every day. When talmidei chachamim work out a chidush and when real musicians bring down a real niggun, it's ruach hakodesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home