MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, December 27, 2004

Another Kaddish Story

My younger daughter belongs to a choir that practices every Sunday afternoon in Brooklyn. There is no carpool so either MHW or I have to take her and wait for an hour. Since I've been saying Kaddish it means that I have to daven Mincha early and chap a maariv in Brooklyn while my daughter is rehearsing.

Yesterday, I dropped my daughter off in Flatbush at 5:00 p.m. I drove to a place that is known as a 'minyan factory' (meaning they daven one minyan after the other, approximately every 15 minutes) and got there at 5:15 p.m.

I walked in to the shul just as they were finishing a minyan. Shortly thereafter, another guy gets up to lead the davening. I take out my siddur prepared to say V'hu Rachum....

Suddenly, I hear, Ashrei Yoshvei....THE GUY IS DAVENING MINCHA AT 5:15 P.M.! (Shkia was 4:32 p.m.)

I left the sanctuary and found another bais medrash downstairs where I hung out for the next 15 minutes. At 5:30 they started maariv.

I love Brooklyn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home