MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Where Was The Lethal Injection When I Needed It?

This morning, as usual, I rode the Long Island Railroad to work. I sat on a three seat bench with a friend taking the inside seat and me on the aisle.

At the next stop, two middle-aged women sat down diagonally across from us in seats that face one another. The women, one of whom had a beehive hairdo that almost hit the ceiling (not that there's anything wrong with that) started talking in loud voices from the second they sat down. And, of course, they were talking narishkeit.

My friend, who normally sleeps the entire way to work, predicted that they would not stop talking the entire ride. In fact, he said that if they ran out of people to talk about they would discuss which brand of tissue is best.

Sure enough, that is (almost) exactly what happened. But, instead of tissues, they discussed whether neosporin is better than bacitracin.

Ich kenesht.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home