MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, September 08, 2006

Biking Friday: Next Week in Jerusalem

I pretty much took this week off to give my ailing lower back some rest. I rode out to Point Lookout on Monday but that was pretty much the extent of my riding.

The big biking news is that I will be taking my bike and OOS's bike with me to Israel next week. They are already packed and ready to go. We are slated for a Friday morning ride with some of my chaverim from the Alyn Ride.

I'm hoping to ride some very nasty hills on Friday, Sunday and Monday of that week. It will be a big test of two things: (i) My ailing back and (ii) my choice of a compact double rather than a triple crank. I put on a 12-27 on the back of the bike so I am hopeful that I will be able to manage the hills on the equivaqlent of a 30-23 rather than the 30-25 that I am used to. We shall see.

If my back continues to kill me, I will see a doctor upon my return. The ride is hard enough; I don't need to have constant back pain on top of everything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home