MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Spitzer RE UPDATED AND REVISED

As a general rule, I don't do politics here. I violated this policy with my original and first revised posts. I should have stuck to my general rule.

Bottom line: I was never a big fan of Elliot Spitzer. Coming from the financial world, and in particular a firm that was ambushed by the justice department, I was never fond of his bullying tactics. As my firm found out, it is very hard to fight the government even when you are absolutely right, unless you are willing to bet the franchise.

Nevertheless, as a self-interested member of this state, I wish him the best. Having achieved the goal that he has been focused on for the past 8 years, I hope he can rise above the corruption and smallness that poisons our state government and makes this state one of the highest taxed and least competitive states.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    The same could have ben said about Mayor Guiliano. People may have forgotten that as US attorney he brought very high profile cases, many of which were either dropped or lost. (His low point was when he arrested a big-time trader, charges against whom were later dropped, on his trading floor rather than allow him to surrender).
    After having achieved his goal, he rose above it and did a great job. I am hopeful that Spitzer will follow suit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home