MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Moc: The A'Rod of Business Lunches

I have been watching in amazement Alex Rodriguez's incredible, ney, historic, April run. (If not for A'Rod, the pathetic Yankees would be hopelessly buried; as it is they are only in big trouble. Of course, the fickle Yankees fans will forget all this next time A'Rod strikes out with two out in the bottom of the ninth, the bases loaded and the Yankees down by two. But we digress).

As amazing as is A'Rod's performance, yours truly, Mo'C, is deeply involved in an equally historic, if gastronomic, streak. Already this week I have had one business lunch and one business breakfast. I am scheduled to have three more lunches this week and four more next week.

While it's surely impressive to hit 14 homers in 18 games, I challenge Mr. Rodriguez to do what I am set to do without gaining a pound and while still being able to balance himself on a racing bicycle.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Ezer K'negdo said…

    Actually, it seems like he has something to prove after last season. With all his therapists, I hope he doesn't burn out. Oh, wait, I'm a Cleveland Indians fan :-) I'm married to a man who was practically born and raised in Yankee Stadium, though, so raising the kids has been challenging - we're letting them choose ;-)

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger DovBear said…

    Historic? Just last year Pujols had a better April...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home