MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

On A Roll

Perhaps I should buy a Lotto ticket. I did the 24 hour trip thing to Miami starting Sunday night. Got there about midnight, did my gig at 1:30 p.m. the next day, hung out for an hour and headed for the airport.

I got there early and, because the 5:00 p.m. flight had been delayed to 5:30, was able to get standby on that flight.

There were 25 people on the standby list but because I'm AAdvantage Gold with pretty good zechuyos, I went to third on the list.

By 5:15 the two people ahead of me got cleared.

Everyone was told to try the next flight (for which I was still confirmed). I stayed.

At 5:25, I was cleared. I walked onto the flight. Not only did I get a seat, I got an aisle seat and was able to store my bag without a problem.

When I landed, the car picking me up was waiting for me on the road. Highly unusual.

No traffic, so I was home in half an hour.

I guess this makes up a little for all the aggravation I usually get.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home