MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, May 14, 2007

Weird or Not Weird?

Yesterday for lunch, we went with my in-laws to a restaurant to celebrate Mothers' Day. While we are seated at our table, in walked a large group of people including a woman who had just celebrated her graduation (presumably from College or graduate school). How did I know she had just celebrated her graduation? She was still wearing her cap and gown. In the restaurant.

I thought that was weird.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Ezzie said…

    I've seen that many times. Dunno, seems like it's the custom these days for some, especially if they are going straight from graduation.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    but you didn't answer the question. weird or not weird?

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wierd.

    When I went out to celebrate my high school graduation with my class, I don't recall anyone wearing their cap and gown at the restaurant. In fact, I think people already started removing their caps and gowns at some point during the collation.

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it's sweet she was still that excited about this milestone in her life.

    RW

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger ifuncused said…

    Why is it weird.
    Just the same as going from the wedding hall into the hotel in your wedding gown.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Ezzie said…

    Interesting, but not weird. Sorry :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home