MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Grasso is Greener On the Other Side UPDATED

Dick Grasso, former head of the New York Stock Exchange, won a stunning victory in an appeal of a lower court ruling in a case brought by former Attorney General Spitzer to recover much of Grasso's $178MM deffered compensation.

I've never understood this case and I always thought that Grasso, who refused to settle, would win. While I haven't read the opinion yet, it appears that he is on the way.

For losers like me who are actually interested in reading this junk, the Appellate Division Opinion (which I haven't read yet) can be accessed here

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger kishke said…

    I am so happy about this decision. I was disgusted by Spitzer's strong-arm, extralegal tactics, and I'm glad Grasso had the guts to fight. The board of AIG should have done the same on behalf of Greenberg.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you expected this victory, why is it stunning?

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    anon

    Because of the magnitude of the reversal. And not everyone agreed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home