MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, August 13, 2007

The Faucet Is Officially Open UPDATED

There's a lot of crying going on around chez MoC, most of it by MHW. It started, officially, on Friday, when MHW was saying the "Yehi Ratzon" that she usually says when making challah. OYS, who is leaving tonight for a year of learning in Israel, happened to be around so MHW asked him to listen so he could say amen. Well, whatever pent up emotion was being held back by MHW at the thought of OYS's imminent departure could be held back no longer. It was all MHW could do to simply get through the tefilah.

Things continued over Shabbos in moderation with an occasional weepy-eyed look.

Then, yesterday, fuggedabodit.

OYS made a siyyum, surrounded by family, friends and his awesome 11th grade Rebbe. The truth is that I had a very difficult time myself controlling my emotions as I introduced OYS. So many things went through my head and heart. Love, respect, pride, excitement, anticipation, loneliness. It was all that I could do to get through the introduction.

And, later today, the airport scene. Try as she might, there is simply no way that MHW will be able to hold back the tears. I will do the best I can.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger nyfunnyman said…

    OYD? or OYS

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger AidelMaidel said…

    You wrote OYD which I believed was Our Younger Daughter. Don't you mean OYS Our Younger Son?

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Thanks

    I need some sleep.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The airport scene is really difficult, no matter how soon you'll be seeing each other.

    I'm sure your son will flourish. And if he wants to see the country a bit on weekends, there are always J-Bloggers to take care of that...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home