MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, August 06, 2007

Going to Town

Last Thursday I took a day off to babysit The Toddler. MHW had to attend a completely useless continuing education program in order to maintain her licence. (The problem is that after 26 years of experience as a speech and language pathologist, there is very little that practitioners with half MHW's experience can teach her. But I digress).

I spent the morning frying in my backyard as TT, seemingly oblivious to the fact that it was about 95 degrees with 98% humidity, scampered about. Thankfully, she then took a nap. So, I might add, did I.

When she awoke, I asked her if she wanted to go "to town". She enthusiastically said yes. Normally, I would have asked if she wanted to go for pizza but, since she had eaten three pieces of cheese in the morning, I thought we might go for a burger instead.

When we got to town, it was apparent that TT didn't know what town was. I asked if she wanted a burger. She said "town". I asked if she wanted pizza. She replied, "town". She started getting agitated. Clearly, she though that town was something to eat. I just had no idea what.

Desperate, I walked into the pizza store and ordered a slice and spicy fries. TT was happy. She simply can't resist pizza even if it isn't "town".

I still have no clue what TT thought "town" meant but by the end of the afternoon, after walking around town, TT figured out that it was a place.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    Hmm. Why is it that when Imma takes care of her kid, it's just Imma taking care of her kid, but when Abba takes care of his kid, that's "babysitting"?

    Just wondering.

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger kishke said…

    Maybe b/c it's usually Imma's responsibility and Abba's just filling in for her?

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Uver

    Good question. touche

     

Post a Comment

<< Home