MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

TT Throws a Curve

MHW left to Israel last night. The "Book of TT" in hand, I was ready. I dutifully took out the stuffed cabbage from the freezer and put it in the fridge, as instructed (so that it would thaw by Thanksgiving). I prepared dinner for TT and OYD and didn't burn it (back in the day, I actually used to be a fairly solid cook). I was getting ready to prepare TT's bath when, out of the blue, she says: "I want to sit on the potty. Dora's (the Explorer) potty".

I was not ready for this because it's been weeks since she tried to use the potty. TT showed an interest a couple of months ago but nothing really came of it. Despite the fact that this topic is not covered in the Book of TT, I was not overly concerned because, in the past, TT would just sit on the potty, look at a few books and nothing happened.

Of course, last night, after 90 seconds, TT did her thing in Dora's potty.

You. Must. Be. Joking.

This was not part of the plan. I had to improvise.

OYD and I made a huge deal of it. Woo Hoo. TT made in the potty!!! Found some construction paper. Found some Sesame Street stickers. Created "TT's Potty Chart". Hung it on the fridge.

I gave her a bath and put on a regular diaper for sleep.

Now what? This gig is hard enough without having to potty train.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger uberimma said…

    Are you sure YHW didn't put TT up to it? I bet she'd be very pleasantly surprised to come back to a TTT (toilet-trained toddler).

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    You're the second person to suggest that today. But MHW is completely without guile so that theory breaks down. It's the diabolical TT herself who came up with this plan.

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger PsychoToddler said…

    #1 or #2

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    PT:

    1, if you must know.

    By the way, thanks for the review. I think you teitched it up well. Your comment about Aron Razel reigning it in was spot on.

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    Will you be available upon your wife's return as a night nurse?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home