MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, January 21, 2008

Mike's Morsels

You're nuts if you think the Giants are going to win three road games. They'll be lucky if they can win one!
Mike Francesca, During week 17 of the NFL season.

Now I'm not saying I expected the Giants to get to the Superbowl. Indeed, no one did. But I still love when blowhards like Mike Francesa are so emphatic and are so wrong. I don't get paid to prognosticate. He does.

Last night's game (which I watched much of on Mideast TV from 2:45 until about 5 a.m.), was very compelling, even for a non-Giants fan like me. It has been amazing to watch Eli Manning mature, as if overnight, but that is what it looks like. The Giants' defense was heroic. It was also crazy watching the effects of the ridiculously cold weather.

I still can't see them beating the Patriots, but who expected them to beat the Cowboys and Packers?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Bro! Super Bowl party at my house; I'm expecting you and the family. Let me know! Have a great time in the Holy Land! By the way you got to stay away from Mike and the Mad dog; Mike and Mike is the place to be!!

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now I'm not saying I expected the Giants to get to the Superbowl. Indeed, no one did. But I still love when blowhards like Mike Francesa are so emphatic and are so wrong. I don't get paid to prognosticate.

    He doesn't get paid to make predictions. He gets paid to shoot off his mouth.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home