MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A True E Mail Story, Starring Me

I received the following email from a partner at a law firm:

Dear MoC and "Nancy" (My colleague),

We are offering an interesting CLE at the firm on March 12, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.

My partner, Joe Tax, will be presenting U.S. Income Tax Treaties. The discussion will cover the benefits of the treaties, including who can benefit and what the limitations of the benefits are, as well as how the treaties work.

This lecture has been approved in accordance with the Continuing Legal Education Board for one credit hour in the area of professional practice. This program is a transitional course appropriate for newly admitted attorneys.

Lunch will be available at 12:15.
My Colleague wrote back:

Joe

MoC and I have a lunch "penciled in" for that day, but I will know in a day or two if that has been confirmed. If not, I would definitely like to attend. Can I let you know later this week?

Thanks so much for thinking of us.

Kind regards,

Nancy
This was true. We do have lunch penciled in.

Nevertheless, bigmouth that I am, sent the following email to my colleague:

I would rather shoot myself in the head than go to that CLE.
Thirty seconds later, my colleague called to gently inform me that I clicked "Reply to All" and that my response went back to the partner! D'Oh!

He immediately wrote back:

That's a little extreme!
Caught, I sheepishly responded:

As between shooting myself in the head and going to a tax CLE, it's a tossup. No Offense. :-)

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger OOS said…

    can I go?

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger PsychoToddler said…

    Special bonus points for also posting it on the internet!

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Noyam said…

    lol.

    Lucky you're not a junior associate. The response may have been much more harsh :-)

    At my old firm, the "reply" and "reply all" buttons were separated, and every time you hit reply all, a dialog box came up that asked "are you sure you want to reply to all addresses?"

    And yet, somehow, people still managed to reply-all when they shouldn't have.

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know someone who got fired who was pretty high up the food chain in the company for mistakenly "replying to all." It was a disparaging email about a client that was supposed to only go to her colleague...oops!

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The one good thing about tax CLE's is that there is almost always kosher food and yuo can usually make a minyan afterwards.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said…

    eep!

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Eliyahu said…

    tax treaties? send me the outline; maybe i'll learn something.

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Ezzie said…

    Wow... that kind of stuff gets you fired at my level...!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home