MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Synching My iPod: Mystery Solved

My iPod has been driving me crazy.

I uploaded Yonatan Razel's masterpiece CD, Sach Hakol, a few months ago. Unfortunately, four songs in the middle had the digital equivalent of a very bad scratch. They were ruined.

Luckily, or so I thought, during my last two trips to Israel I had purchased more than a half dozen copies of the CD for family and friends. So, I deleted the "scratched" CD from my iTunes Library, uploaded a new one and synched the iPod again.

Same problem.

This happened with three different CDs. And, strangely, the CDs themselves were fine when played on a CD player. I couldn't figure it out.

Tonight, I tried again. When it happend yet again, a lightbulb finally went off in my feeble mind.

It occurred to me that each time I synched my iPod, it was not deleting the old CD and replacing it; since it "read" the existence of the same CD in the iTunes library, it did nothing! It already had that CD!

So, this time, I deleted the CD, synched up my iPod (so that it also got rid of the CD), then added the new version of the CD and synched it again.

Presto! I don't know why I'm so proud of myself. I should have figured this out about two months ago.

Nevertheless, I am so pleased to be listening to this absolutely sublime, heavenly music. Listening to it is instantly relieving the stress of an incredibly difficult and stressful day at work. Ruach Hakodesh, mamash.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home