MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Rainy Day Thoughts

* I spent two hours this morning in family court in Queens. I waited two hours for a hearing that was scheduled for 9:30. I am busier than I've ever been at work, the issues I have to deal with are crazier than ever, and I could ill-afford to be away from my office. I left court at 11:30. TT's biological mother and her lawyer never showed up. The hearing was adjourned for two months. I do not have the constitution to be a litigator. Stuff like this would drive me nutty.

* Roger Clemens is either: (i) telling the truth, (ii) a lying idiot, or a (iii)lying, but a lot smarter than I give him credit for.

The risk that he is assuming if he is lying is immense. It could land him in jail. Assuming he did take steroids, he would have been much better off fessing up immediately. Americans are a forgiving people (see, e.g., Jason Giambi), he would have had no legal liability, and might still have made the Hall of Fame. Now, he is being vilified not just for taking steroids but for lying, may end up in the slammer, and may not make the Hall of Fame.

The truth is, I don't really give a hoot about this whole steroid thing. I am just fascinated by the machinations of the people involved.

* Will Hillary slink away graciously or will she engage in a death fight until the end? Assuming she loses Texas and Ohio, will she concede? Grace is not a word normally associated with the Clintons. I have my money on a fight to the death.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Ezzie said…

    The WSJ had a good article online last week about Hillary's likely inability to concede should it become clear she's going to lose. It was very interesting.

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger megapixel said…

    I dont think you can use the word "Hillary" and "Graciously" in the same sentence!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home