MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Why I Will Vote Republican

I am sitting in the British Air lounge, waiting for my flight back home. I have been away a long time and am looking forward to getting back. On my way to the airport, I experienced something that reminded me why I will vote Republican come November.

I was riding in a cab when suddenly motorcycle cops stopped traffic in all directions. We waited while a few cars, themselves led by motorcycle cops, passed by. The driver told me that it was, to borrow a term from Ben, the charmless Prince Charles.

This is why I won't vote for a Democrat.

If Obama wins, or, much worse, if the charmless Hillary wins, they will, no doubt, frequently visit New York City, looking for liberal money or to hang out with the liberal elite. A Republican, on the other hand, generally won't bother.

As someone who works in New York City and remembers how frequently the Philandering Boy President used to come to the City, and how it used to mess me up, I'm going Republican all the way.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I seem to recall that Bush 41 was no stranger to Manhattan, and that the traffic reports even coined the term "bush-lock" to refer to the traffic problems that he so often caused....

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    anon

    No comparison. Clinton came much more frequently.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger katrina said…

    Well, that's mature. I grew up in the NJ suburbs, and my dad has been commuting to NYC for a few decades. I remember from my teenage years how everyone used to complain when Clinton came to the city and messed up traffic. That being the case, please do not trivialize the issues facing our country, and, indeed, the world, by talking about voting based on traffic. If you want to vote for McCain because you like his policies and/or because you think he's a great American (a parallel reason to why many will vote for Obama), that's your right. It's a free country. If you want to vote for Mitt Romney because . . . well, I can't think of any reason, but that's your right, too. I just don't see how being snide helps matters.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Democrats will raise taxes, ruin the stock and equity markets and drive money back to real estate, not to mention how they will sell out Israel even faster than Bush is doing. Whether they add to my commute time is going to be the least of my worries.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home