MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Two More Stupid Things That Annoy Me

1. A few months ago, someone bought a satellite clock for the shul's bais medrash. This pleased me because I need to make a certain train in the morning and it's helpful to know the exact time.

Lately, someone has been turning the clock around for Shabbos so that it isn't visible. What is that supposed to mean? That we're not tied to the clock on Shabbos? That's totally not true. It's just silly and I wish they would stop.

2. The weather. Really. Enough already. I can't take it anymore.

In general, asking the Aibishter for nice weather is not among the requests that I throw into my Shema Koleinu. I have enough important things to ask for and I assume the Master of the Universe has more important issues to deal with. But, please, Hashem. Can you please throw me a bone? I'm getting older and the cold is getting to me. I haven't been on my bike since November (in Israel). I'm not asking for 75 degrees. 65 will do. Just enough to get rid of the chill. Thank You.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Has anyone asked the Rav why the clock is turned? - I can't see the Rav endorsing this

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    somebody at the hashkama minyan turns it around at the end of the minyan. I always wondered why. Maybe the mashgiach knows.

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Judging by my Hashkama experience, my gues is that the guy at Hashkama turns it around so that if the minyan goes a few minutes too long, no one will point at the clock and yell "Tircha D'Tzibura!" :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home