MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, October 17, 2008

Blowing Off OYS

OYS, who is in shanah bet at The Mother Ship, calls me religiously every Friday morning and every Erev Yom Tov. (He actually also calls his mom, sisters and grandparents; quite impressive).

As readers of this space know, things have been outrageously crazy here for the past two months. During this period, every time OYS called I was either on an important call or in a meeting. I usualy took his calls on my cell phone, talked for 45 seconds and blew him off with a good shabbos. Sadly, even on Erev Rosh Hashanah and Erev Yom Kippur I barely had a chance to talk.

So, this past Monday morning (a day off for Columbus Day), while driving to my bike ride on the North Shore, I made it my business to call OYS and spend some quality time on the phone. I apologized profusely for my inattention and OYS was a sport about it.

OYS called again this morning and, again, I was on an important conference call. I talked to him for 45 seconds and blew him off. Ich kenesht.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't worry--He needs something to talk to his therapist about in a few years.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home