MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nice New Old CD

Last motsai Shabbos, my holy chaver Danny dropped off a CD by Shuly Rand, the actor from the movie Ushpizin.

I've been listening to it all week and really like it. Very Israeli style but, unlike much of the post-Carlebach Israeli Chassidic music, very melodic. Some very original stuff and very fine arrangements.

I particularly like the first and last songs but many of the others are growing on me.

Being oblivious, I thought the CD was new but wghen I googled it, I realized that it's been out since the summer.

Well worth the investment.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is an absolutely AMAZING CD. The words are great too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home