MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, March 09, 2009

Shidduchim: Two Types of Married Friends

This letter addresses a topic I've been meaning to raise for a while.

I have observed that OOD has two types of married friends. Those who remembered her and those didn't.

As the letter points out (and as I have observed with my own eyes, repeatedly), newly married couples are in the best position, by far, to figure out who among their respective friends might click. And, while not every proposed shidduch works out, matches suggested in this way are much less likely to bomb and result in horrible dates (as often happens when older adults are the matchmakers).

So, if you're in that category, you have a choice. You can remember your friends. Or not.

HT: Chaim Rubin

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home