MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Singolda

A number of times during the production of my CD, U'Shmuel B'Korei Sh'mo, we would be finishing up a recording session at Creative Studios in Jeruslaem when in would walk Avi Singolda, accompanied by four or five guitars.

In each case, Singolda was preparing for the next recording session during which he would be laying down guitar tracks for other productions (sadly, mostly Shiny Shoe stuff. But a man has to make a parnasah). Although we did not use him on that project, I got to spend a bit of time with him. He is a charming and eccentric man and, by all accounts, probably the busiest session guitarist in Israel.

So, I was pleased to hear that Aaron Razel engaged Avi to play on my yet-unnamed new CD project.

In addition to producing the CD, Aaron had written all the arrangements. When Singolda came to the studio, he and Aaron discussed the arrangements. And then, Singolda began to play, completely ignoring many of the arrangements that they had discussed and doing his own thing. At the end he told Aaron, "You know you'll use what I did".

I love these guys.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger PsychoToddler said…

    That would drive me crazy.

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Jacob Da Jew said…

    Hey, I met one of the guys on your album, Eitan Katz (post about it over by me).

    He refused to confirm your identity.

    Good man.

    I listen to UBS all the time. Great job.

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Jacob Da Jew

    Tell him I give you reshus to identify me. Everyone knows who I am.

    And, thanks about UBS.

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Jacob Da Jew said…

    I know but it was cute how he said "No comment".

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger The Anchorite said…

    I dont know avi that well (we met afew times) but working with jeff must be great. I know him personally (not professionaly) and he is one of the sweetest nicest guys in the world.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home