MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Know Your Role

Yesterday, I had the privilege of driving The Vance around to deliver shalach maons to a few of her friends from Pre-school. For each package we dropped off, we received, in return, a package laden with candy and junk.

While it's true that The Vance generally has very adult tastes, she also knows a good candy opportunity when she sees one. So, at every stop, she asked me to open one of the items that she received from her friends.

She started with a large lollypop. Then a foot-long Laffy Taffy. At the third stop she asked me to open a bag of Dipsey Doodles.

I turned around from the drivers seat and as I handed her the chips, I said, "Vance, that's the last snack for today. You have to leave the rest for another time."

The Vance, not skipping a beat, said, "Only Ima tells me that!!"

She sure knows how to put me in my place.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do you actually call her "Vance"?

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    No. I call her Stinky Face.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    Where is "the Vance" from, anyway?

    I'm a lot like YHW on the healthy eating front. My kids get sugar on Shabbos and yom tov, and at school where, alas, I get no say. Purim is the one day of the year I let them eat themselves sick on candy. That night, it goes in a box and the box mysteriously vanishes.

    Your daughter sounds like my oldest, who once informed our babysitter that "Abba doesn't say no."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home