MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, June 19, 2006

Thank Goodness for the World Cup

Even though the World Cup is the most boring spectacle in the history of mankind, it served its purpose last night.

I am in Tokyo on business and last night, after having travelled 15 hours from the time I started at JFK until I reached my hotel, I fell asleep at 9 p.m.

Unfortunately, I woke up at 1:30 a.m. Thankfully, Japanese TV was covering the World Cup. Even though I watched another thoroughly boring game, Saudi Arabia vs. Ukraine, it did keep me more entertained than I would otherwise have been at that hour of the night.

And, it was boring enough to have put me back to sleep at 3 a.m.

I will never say another bad word about the World Cup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home