MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, June 12, 2006

It's Elementary

This Thursday evening OYD graduates from elementary school. Mazel Tov, OYD, on a job well done. We are very proud.

Besides this being a momentous occasion for OYD (who is looking forward to a very exciting freshman year at a new school), it marks a major milestone for MHW and me.

OYD's graduation marks the end of our elementary school parenthood after more than 40 kid-years of schooling (including 4-year nursery and Kindergarten). Despite all the nice memories, I can't say that I am sad to see this phase of our lives come to a close. I'm tired of the teachers' conferences (which MHW went to way more than me), I'm tired of the chumash and siddur plays, I'm tired of the narishkeit.

Of course, the thought of not having to pay elementary school tuition after having expended at least $300,000 over the years is not too shabby either.

(Indeed, we are only 5 kid-years and about $100,000 away from being finished with yeshiva tuition altogether. Yay!)

(As a result of our position, I read all the blogs that talk about the yeshiva tuition crisis with sympathy but a certain detachment: Been there, done that. BH, after many, many years of struggling mightily to make the tuition payments, we are almost on cruise control.)

Of course, should the Baby stay with us, we would be right back in the elementary school parsha. Can't wait for the siddur play. Aren't they cute with their little costumes? And those chumash plays! The best! $80,000 more. No problem. Where do I send the checks?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger PsychoToddler said…

    So that's why you have such little sympathy. You may recall that the day I finally finished paying off my med school loans I got the bill for Fudge's Stern tuition. Keep in mind The PT is just finishing K-4. Oy.

    Mazel Tov on your milestone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home