MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, July 24, 2006

I Don't Think So...

OYS is on JOLT II, an NCSY summer program that spends a week in Poland before moving to Ukraine. In Ukraine, the kids help run a sleep away camp for unaffiliated Jewish kids in some G-d forsaken area near Karkhov. Although they all have cell phones (it was required), there is no reception where they are now.

We receive periodic emails from the director of JOLT, who actually has to travel back to Karkhov in order to post his emails.

I found this line in his most recent email ammusing:

They do miss you a lot and are a little frustrated that they have no means to communicate with you but I will do my best to pass on any messages.
Inasmuch as we received exactly one phone call during the entire time OYS was in Poland, I somehow doubt that this message was referring to him. On the other hand, the nature of the single call was very different from this conversation. Maybe OYS is growing up.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger PsychoToddler said…

    I think you might have been speaking to my son by mistake.

    Whoops, nevermind, he doesn't ski.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home