MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Law of Unintended Consequences - Baby Version II

Soemtimes we do things for one reason, with certain expectations, and the actual consequences are totally different from what we imagined.

In my recent post, I set out to make the chicks happy by writing a simple post about how leibidik it is around our house on account of the presence of a gagle of babies. For reasons I can't really fathom, the veibe are tired of reading about biking and would rather hear about the babies. And MoC is nothing if not responsive to his vast readership (numbering in the scores these days).

In passing, I mentioned that OOD was teaching the Baby a bunch of "frum baby tricks", including kissing a bencher and pointing to the sky when OOD asks her "Where's Hashem?". That was my first mistake.

No sooner did I post this thread than the inimitable Dov Bear, a great Cuban, decided to lose his mind, essentially accusing our daughter, OOD, of kefirah (heresy) for suggesting to the Baby that G-d has physical attributes.

Amazingly, the Bear's post, which I first thought was meant tongue in cheek, attracted 138 comments, most of them serious. Krum As A Bagel was so worked up by the Bear's post that he convinced Dovie to let him write a guest post that pummeled Dov Bear's position. Dov came back with yet another post complaining that Krum stabbed him in the back and that I admonished him to "lighten up". This post, as of now, has 65 comments, including a few from moreinu and blogainu Gil Student, shlit'a. Most recently Godol Hador wrote a guest post on Dovbear related to this string of posts entitled "Believing in G-d IS Kefirah". Ich kenesht.

The good news is that my hits have gone up over the last few days.

But guys, SERIOUSLY, enough already....We're talking about a baby trick with a 15 month old whose vocabulary consists of zero words. And, no, Dov Bear, we will not be teaching the Baby any tricks involving ingesting pork. I promise. So do lighten up.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow- how'd you get to be so popular?

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger DovBear said…

    Face it Mo, your kid's a heretic.

    :)

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    I hope this doesn't scare you away from more baby posts. Not only are the "chicks" a valuable part of your readership, we are the ones who write the most comments. :)

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so shocked at Dovbear's behavior that I lack the words to express it.

    Though I must say that it is this type of shit that led me away from Frumkite and out of my Crown Heights neighborhood.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger DovBear said…

    May I explain my behavior? I was attempting to make the point that Orthodox Jews go nuts about socks and other minor observances, but cheerfully play both fast and loose with kefirah.

    Imagine how MoC would act if OOD fed posk to the baby. But teaching her to deny a fundemental principle of yahadus is adorable? The priorities here are mixed up.

    Also, this isn't a critism of MOc per say, but of the current state of Orthodoxy.

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My appologies for the S word.

     
  • At 3:42 AM, Anonymous cheap nhl jerseysr said…

    Require pride with your china nhl jerseys achievements, when they tend to be stepping gemstones for your aspirations. Realize that you can help make nhl jerseys from china mistakes, nevertheless don't make it possible for these discourage people. Value a person's skills and also skillsets for there're just what exactly cause you to be definitely different. This kind of china nhl jerseys products around your life aren't bought, but obtained by efforts plus willpower.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home