MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, August 07, 2006

Virtuosity

All of the tunes that will be included on the CD that I am producing in my dad's memory have been completed. I received the last tune by email this morning, a tune recorded by Avraham Rosenblum (and arranged and mixed by Avraham and his son, yedid nafshi, Moe) that was composed more than 30 years ago but never recorded.

I am so excited by this last tune, I have shpilkis. The tune itself, put to the words Im Eshkochech, is awesome. But the arrangement, mix and the virtuosity of the musicians left me with a stupid smile on my face. The musicians include Avraham Rosenblum on accoustic guitar (three separate tracks), Andy Statman on Madolin, Shaya Leiber on percussion, Zev Zions on accordian and Moe on drums. The playing is so amazing, it's ridiculous.

If all goes well, we will complete the mastering, printing and pressing in the next few weeks.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger AS said…

    Zev is a great accordian player I miss playing with him.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Izbitza said…

    I hope you'll tell us when it's ready! I can't wait either

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger A Simple Jew said…

    I can't wait to hear it!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger yitz said…

    I'm also eager to hear it! Both Avraham and Andy are the greatest!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home