MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, July 28, 2006

Tending to the Flock II, or They'd Be Better Off Sending Underwear

I am surprised by the strong reaction to my previous post on this topic. I did not mean to suggest that the Rabbanim that go one these silly "solidarity trips" don't mean well, CV. I just think they can do much more good by staying home, giving chizuk to the locals, rallying the locals to take trips to Israel, and doing stuff like raising money for underwear for the IDF soldiers. If it isn't underwear, there are many other worthwhile projects to undertake.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    You cost us a lot of money, MOC. First Ohel and now this. But we can't leave the IDF in dirty underwear.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    No, and don't! You're talking to a softhearted part-time speechwriter married to a high-school rebbe. I just finished an unpaid maternity leave, he's not working this summer, and I'm sitting here writing a check for the 200 people from the north staying on the Machon Lev campus. Get back to me once we've both had a couple paychecks.

    Did you see the article in the NYT magazine last week on foster kids?

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    I emailed you the "official" link and then found this backdoor one:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/23/magazine/23welfare.html

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    Let's try that again:

    http://www.nytimes.com/
    2006/07/23/magazine/23welfare.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home