MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, October 27, 2006

Random Thoughts From Israel

The Flight: I had a restful and uneventful flight. 3 glasses of chardonnay and one ambien tend to have that effect.

Driving: I rented a car for one day. It made more sense to do that since I had to get from the airport to where I'm staying, drop some stuff off at OOS, and get my bike to Alyn.

(I was also able to stop off at the Mother Ship and drop off some CDs with the Rebbe of Klal Yisrael. That alone was worth the cost of the rental.)

In less than 24 hours I made about eight U turns and managed to get cursed at a similar number of times. Can't the Israelis take a joke? It occurred to me that while I don't always know how to get where I'm going, I at least recognize when I'm going the wrong way. That's not a small thing.

The Ride: I'm still wondering when I'm going to get excited about the bike ride. Since it starts on Sunday, I hope soon. I'm still very wary of the start of the ride when 450 riders, many of whom have never done anything like this, will be decending from Har Hatzofim to the Dead Sea; 18 miles straight down with gradients as high as 15%. I don't understand what the organizers were thinking.

Shabbat Shalom to all (I can say that here).

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Safranit said…

    Do you have any CDs to sell while you are in Israel?

    All the best with the ride...I hope the weather will be good for you...

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck MOC - Try to stay in front of those first time riders likely to fall on those 15 degree whatchamacallits.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hatzlacha...now about that meet up after the ride...perhaps a phone number might help in planning this mini-blogger-bash?

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger The back of the hill said…

    I don't always know how to get where I'm going, I at least recognize when I'm going the wrong way

    That right there is worth the price of admission. Seeing as it expresses a remarkable spiritual breakthrough, or a wonderful attitude towards life.


    Many people waste their whole lives without reaching that stage.

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    My own HH asked me to pick up a sefer for him at the store this afternoon--I saw your CD on the counter and couldn't resist. It's going in the player in mere moments, for me to listen to while cooking.

    Just thought you should know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home