MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Bose Rocks

Last month I finally gave in and purchased the ridiculously expensive Bose noise cancelling headphones. I convinced myself that I deserved them since I work so hard and travel so much (take out the world's smallest violin). My argument to myself went something like this: The beauty of the Bose headphones is that, besides being great for music, they are much more effective than ear plugs while travelling on airplanes. And, since I travel frequently to Israel, Europe and Asia, almost always overnight, it is only right for me to have them. Almost like a business expense.

The good news is that I prevailed in this argument with myself.

The better news is that the headphones are even better than I could have imagined.

Listening to music from my iPod through the Bose headphones is a totally different experience. You hear the music in a richer, fuller way. (A number of my Israeli musician friends tried them on during my recent trip to Israel. They were all blown away).

But the plane ride to Israel was what really got me. As advertised, the headphones canceled out a great deal of the engine noise that one usually hears on a plane. Truly amazing. (Of course, I still wouldn't fly to Israel without 10 mg. of slow-release Ambien, but that's another story).

In short, Bose rocks.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds great! Any more travel tips for us relatively inexperienced travelers?

    Does the Ambien keep you asleep for most of the flight, or are you able to wake up to daaven during the course of the flight?

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    depends on whether you are wearing bose headphones

     

Post a Comment

<< Home