MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Yentas 1, Beethoven/Bose 0

This morning I was disabused of the notion that by Bose noise cancelling headphones were perfect. They were roundly defeated by the "6:52 Yentas", a group of five women who ride the 6:52 Long Island Railroad train from Woodmere every day.

These women yap loudly every single morning. You can hear them at the opposite end of the train car.

But, this morning, I confidently sat in my seat knowing that my Bose headphones, tuned to some nice music (in this case, Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 5 ("The Emperor")) would drown out their narishkeit.

Wrong.

The Bose headphones and Beethoven met their match.

Blah, blah, blah. Yap, yap, yap. Blah, blah, blah. Yap, yap, yap.

Crushed, I resorted to plan B. When in doubt, rock and roll. Dire Straits in this case. Never heard another word from the Yentas. Order restored.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Everything has a purpose...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home