MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Feeling Old

Last night OYS was watching the Mets game and in the booth for a couple of innings was this old looking man. Imagine my shock when, looking closer, I realized that the old man was Jerry Koosman, one of the pitching heroes of the 1969 World Champion Mets.

I found myself describing to OYS how "Amazin'" the 1969 Mets were and how good Koosman was, particularly in tandem with Tom Seaver. I was 14 at the time and the memories remain vivid.

It then occurred to me that, to OYS, I might as well have been talking about Babe Ruth. In fact, as I thought about it, and as hard as this is to believe, I realized that the time between when Ruth retired and when I was 18 is the exact amount of time between the 1969 Mets and now, when OYS is 18! Gadzooks!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gadzooks... :-P Great word.

    Age brings with it experience...and both garner additional respect.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home