MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Great Moments in Investigative Reporting

This morning my associate told me that "Joe Trader", an important trader at an important investment bank (XYZ), had suddenly left his firm. She had spoken to him on Tuesday morning but when she sent him an email later that afternoon, a reply message came back that he no longer worked at XYZ. At 10:20 a.m. I sent emails to two of my buddies in the industry. By 11:30, I knew he had joined "ABC", another investment bank. By 11:45 we tracked him down and talked to him on the phone.

At 6:30 this evening, I received a blast email from the trade rag that covers my industry with the "news" that Joe Trader had left XYZ. Amazingly, the last sentence of the newsflash said that "it was unknown at press time where Joe Trader would be working".

I immediately emailed the "reporter" and gave her the lowdown. (Now she owes me; that's how it works). Sheesh.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home