MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Five Days Off

Another non-spiritual benefit of the Rosh Hashanah three day yom-tov was that I was unable to ride my bike or spin bike for five days (Erev RH, RH, Shabbos and Tzom Gedaliah).

I calculated that since my trip to Asia in late June, I had not gone longer than one day without either riding my bike or spin bike. My hammies and quads were tight as drums and I was suffering. And, because I'm too intense to take a few days off voluntarily, the Yomim Noraim came in to take care of me physically as well as (I hope) spiritually. I felt much better after Sunday.

Of course, the last two days I rode my spin bike with such intensity that I felt like puking by the time I was done. The good news: Succos is coming to save me.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger PsycleSteve said…

    Riding "with such intensity that I felt like puking" is actually good - raises lactate threshold and VO2 max - but it's NOT a good idea to be that intense on back-to-back days. Should either rest or do some lighter spinning in between. Can't make up for Yom Tovim by overdoing it - the body doesn't work that way.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    I really do have to calm down. I'm going to implode if I keep this up.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I built a sukkah and a half on the taanis, so u probably could have done some spin bike, but try getting a massage from some huge guy, itll untightnen ur hammies specifically.gmar chasimah tovah.Brad

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    WADR, Brad, building a succah or two is not quite like hammering 60 miles on a bike (or even an hour on the spin bike). But the massage advice is good. I do get one every once in a while. He beats me up pretty good.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that depends how fat an out of shape u r:)Brad

     

Post a Comment

<< Home