MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mark Davidman, A'H

Mark Davidman was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident on Monday evening.


I can't say that I was a friend of Mark's. I was just an acquaintance. I knew him from the Young Israel of Woodmere, where he was one of the founders of the vasikin minyan (that was so helpful to me), and from around. He was one of those larger than life people you were just aware of. He was, in the truest sense, a man who was "involved faithfully in the needs of the community".

I did get to know his two older sons, Mike and Benjy. Mike was OYS's hockey coach and a role model for intensity, commitment, humor and derech eretz. Benjy has been a good friend of OYS for as long as I can remember. If it's true that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, then Mark must have been a very good man.

May Hashem comfort Mark's wife Debbie and the boys among the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.

Labels: