MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Why Guys Can't Win

Last Thursday, I rushed home from work in order to drive with MHW to a family wedding in Boro Bark, Ir Hakodesh. She was still dressed in regular clothes, having just finished giving The Toddler a bath.

Stupid Me (SM) said, "You're not ready."

MHW: "I'm almost ready. I have my makeup on. I just have to put on my dress."

SM: "Oh, sorry, I didn't notice."

MHW. "You think I don't have enough makeup on?"

SM: "No, I just hadn't noticed. You have plenty of makeup on."

MHW: "You think I have too much makeup on?"

I give up.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Fern @ Life on the Balcony said…

    "
    SM: 'Oh, sorry, I didn't notice.'"


    That's where you lost. ;-) You should have just said, "You look beautiful." Can't ever go wrong with that one...I don't think...

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Fern

    Understood...that's why I refer to myself as SM.

    But what I meant was "I didn't notice you had makeup on because you were wearing a regular skirt and blouse and a teichel rather than your sheital so I didn't realize that you were almost ready to go, so I didn't llok closely enough to see that your makeup was on just perfectly......."

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who played by the wedding?

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    sam

    a one man band

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Ezer K'negdo said…

    I thought Monsey was Ir Hakodesh - at least that's what people kept telling me for the 4 long years we lived there :-)

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Chaim said…

    You can't win. You should know that by now. Just smile and nod. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home