MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Found

My bike has been found. It is in Teaneck, Ir Hakodesh. Luckily, it is being held by the rider whose bike I have so it was a simple switch (and not a serial screwup which could have been much worse).

After thinking about it for a day, I actually correctly guessed who had the bike (or, more accurately, whose bike I had. There was no assurance that he would have mine). I knew this rider was from Teaneck, knew he had a nice Trek bike and I knew that he was travelling for a couple of extra days in Israel (and so might not have opened his box). Bingo. He landed this morning, opened his bike box when he got home and discovered my bike. He was delighted to get an immediate response to his email to the hospital that his bike was waiting for him in Woodmere.

By coincidence, this rider and I rode together a fair amount. He was in the lower quadrant of the challenge riders and I was in the top 10% of the regular road riders so we spent a lot of time in the same group over the last three days.

Anyway, I'm glad I don't have to deal with this anymore and I'm glad I don't have to buy a new bike.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home