MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, November 26, 2007

MHW Deserves A Raise

I don't know what they're paying MHW, but whatever it is, it isn't enough.

I am now 5 days through a six day journey of taking care of TT on my own (with important help from OOD and OYD). I can say without a doubt that my paying job is much easier.

Taking care of a 2.5 year-old, even a relatively well-behaved one, requires infinite patience. Sadly, I have a limited supply so it's a struggle to keep calm and collected. I've done a pretty good job but I wonder how much longer I could keep at it.

The good news is that I haven't burned down the house, the kids haven't starved (on the contrary, they have eaten very well albeit perhaps not to the health standards of MHW), TT is happy and healthy (ok, so I've given her a few more lollypops than MHW might have; sue me) and there are only 24 hours to go.

Today should be a lot easier compared to Friday, Shabbos and Sunday. TT has play group for three hours and then will take a nap. That takes up about 5 hours. She should be sleeping by 7:30 tonight so I only really have a little more than 7 hours left. Piece of cake.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger megapixel said…

    could tell your job involves working with numbers and percentages. Who else would call a two and a half year old a 2.5 year old?

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    lol. Could have been worse. I could have said 2.58 year old.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home