MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another Post-Pesach Thought: How Does She Do That?

My in-laws were over for the second days. On Friday night, my MIL asked me whether MHW had any yahrtzeit candles. (We traditionally light 24-hour yahrtzeit candles the night before we say Yizkor). Now, I know that MHW keeps a bunch of them in the garage but I also know that she keeps them with the chametz food that had been covered for Pesach.

So, I thought, if MHW hadn't taken out the candles before Pesach or bought new ones, we were hosed.

I am embarrassed that such a thought even entered my head. Even though I am the one who needs the yahrtzeit candle, and that she had a zillion things to do and think about for Pesach, of course MHW thought of it. She had purchased a few new ones and they were right there among the Pesach goods.

I can barely remember to tie my laces in the morning but MHW never misses a trick. How does she do that?

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger AidelMaidel said…

    Binah Yesara. That's how she does it. Hashem gave it to her. Just accept that you are an inferior gender now, and live with it.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    for future reference (just in cse she ever manages to forget to take out the candles) most of the goyim that purchase chameitz and lease the closed off areas give explicit permission to enter those areas in order to retrieve non-chameitz items that are not included in the sale

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger mother in israel said…

    I don't even save my Pesach shopping lists anymore because I could recite them in my sleep.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home