MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, April 28, 2008

Post Pesach Roundup: 5768 Version

1. All-in-all, Pesach this year was very sweet, BH. The davening in our shul was generally very nice, the sedurim were meaningful and tasty, and we got to spend some quality time with the mishpacha. TT did a nice job on Mah nishtanah (at least the first verse; not bad for a three year old). It was especially nice to to have OYS home for a couple of weeks after 8 and 1/2 months at the Mother Ship.

2. The WQ at my shul on Acharon shel Pesach was off the charts, no matter how you measured it. I'm not sure why, but maybe it has something to do with Ikvesah d'Meshicha.

3. I went to family court on the first day of Chol Hamoed. I was greeted by a new judge, a new lawyer for Ohel and a new lawyer for OCS. The birth mother changed lawyers a few months ago. It seems like the only ones who've been around from the beginning are the MoC family! The good news is that the status quo remains in place for another six months.

4. Speaking of TT, not a day goes by when she doesn't say something that cracks everyone up. Her language has developed mainly by conversing with adults and adolecents and reflects those influences. (As does her taste for food; she is as likely to eat an avocado or asparagus as a lolipop). I think she is a teenager in a three year old's body.

I know there's more but I have to get back to work now.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ACCHHHHh. I wanted to come very badly last days of Pesach but I had to work. So chaval. Would have loved to have added to the WQ. Was there a seudas Mashiach/neilas ha'chag?Brad

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    of course

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Izbitza said…

    yeah wq through the ceiling! and I couldn't find a seat! but the old mimkomcha was unbelieveable!

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Menahel davened??its so gevalt when he davens. So sorry I missed it.Brad

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Izbitza said…

    old mimkomcha is sort of one of his calling cards, no?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home