MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, April 18, 2008

Another Reason I Love My Shul

I often poke fun at my shul for its well deserved reputation as a house of weirdness. (And, as my friends always remind me, I probably had as much to do with attracting the weirdos as anyone).

But I also respect the fact that the members of our shul are overwhelmingly sincere m'vakshai Hashem.

Yesterday I had one of those experiences that remind me why I love this place.

This week, I am in charge of the mikvah. The two regulars are away for Pesach and I am the backup to the backup (For the first three years I was the primary backup but I got tired of picking up other guys' dental floss from the floor). Last night I went to the mikvah to turn the filter on. I also checked the temparature.

This is the thermometer we use in the mikvah.

You have to love this place.

Wishing everyone a chag kasher v'sameach.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home