MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wishing I Were There

I'm not the type who has regrets. It's just not my style.

I've always been pretty confident in my life's choices and I'm not one to look back and think, "I wish I would have done such and such..." If something goes wrong or doesn't work out the way I plan, I just try to deal with it. Little is gained by regrets.

(And, I've been very blessed so, l'maisah, I have very little to regret (other than the fact that I didn't get the first pick in the FFL draft this year)).

But in reading the posts about the most recent Nefesh b'Nefesh flight by all the bloggers who were on that flight and who will be attending tomorrow's conference, I have to admit that I feel a little regret. On two fronts.

Had this conference happened back in the day, when I was a more serious, consistent and popular blogger (and when there were so many fewer of us), it is much more likely that I would have been invited to participate. Since I rarely post anymore and almost never on topics of substance and since I am no longer relevant, I never expected to be asked. I'm a relic with a base that is 20% of what it once was. But it would have been so exciting to be on the flight with a chance to write about some of the amazing families.

But even more so, every time a Nefesh b'Nefesh flight leaves without the MoC family on it as passengers, I feel a bit of regret. Things are pretty complicated now but, as Reb Shlomo used to say, "One day, one day, one day...".

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Jewish Deaf Motorcycling Dad said…

    I agree with you partially. Wish I could attend in person. Wish I could even attend over the web (schedule conflict). Sounds like everyone is having a ball over there.

    However, I disagree with you on "since I am no longer relevant." You may not blog a lot, but as I sent to you in an email last week (did it get to you?) I really appreciate the things that you write!

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    You would have been a good choice for the NBN flight.

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    jdmd

    Yes, I did. Sorry for not responding. It's been hectic. I appreciate your kind words re that post (and this one).

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,
    Your 20% includes me, liberal agnostic shiksa, and I find you relevant. Not always understood, but relevant and interesting.
    Jenny

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Jenny

    I had no idea that ANY shiksas read my blog! What a revelation! :-)

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    I just check in for TT updates. Although she's really not a toddler anymore, is she? Isn't she due for another name change, to, perhaps, TLG?

    We've got our eyes set on the August 2010 flight. We'd love some company.

     
  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Ezzie said…

    Agreed on the feeling of the second one. As to the first... you'd have been a good choice regardless. Maybe next time you can cover both. :)

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger PsychoToddler said…

    MO--

    Sorry to contact you through a comment but my old computer is gone and so are all my email addresses!

    Anyway...

    I read before that you like to listen to classic rock on the bike.

    I think the song I recorded recently would be up your alley. I think it's great driving music, at least.

    I posted it over at PT.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    PT

    I will listen to it. Thanks

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your blog! Please don't stop blogging! I'm a nice Jewish Housewife and Mommy here in California.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home