MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, July 21, 2008

Predictable

My firm just hired a major player to run our analytics group. I've known her for a long time and we've worked closely ever since I took my current job. For the past five Tuesdays, we've been having breakfast at My Most Favorite Food Company to discuss work stuff. (We've had lunch there many times in the past; she's a vegetarian and I like the deep dish apple cake).

This afternoon, she sent me a confirming email. This is how our email conversation went:

1. She: "you still good for breakfast tomorrow?"

2. Me: "yup. You? 8:30 at MMFFC?"

3. She: "Yup. Want me to fax in our order? Asparagus scramble, decaf cappucino; poached eggs with spinach, breakfast tea?"

OK. I plead guilty. I'm predictable.

On the other hand, call me crazy, but I've been contemplating ordering a slice of deep dish apple cake to go with my decaf cappucino in lieu of the asparagus scramble. I know. I'm a wild man.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm laughing, Mr. Wild Man, I'm laughing.
    Jennifer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home