MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, September 08, 2008

Fantasy Roundup, Week One: Better to Be Lucky Than Good

I managed to win my first fantasy football match against Akiva despite my quarterback scoring negative 1.5 points, my second receiver scoring 1 point and my kicker scoring 0 points. I remain in first place (where I belong) and have now won almost a million games in a row.

How did I do this?

Awesome defense but, mostly, luck.

I got decent output from the rest of my offense, with my top wide receiver (whom my guru predicts will be the top wide receiver in ff this year) putting in a particularly solid game and my two RBs coming through. (My late pick of Thomas Jones may end up saving my season).

My defense was monstrous, more than making up for my weak offense.

But, at the end of the day, it came down to luck. Akiva's QB, Tom Brady (the number 1 pick of the draft) suffered a season-ending injury in the first quarter and scored only 5.5 points. Had he played a full game, the match might have been extremely tight.

My "takeaways": Tory Holt is going to be a bust. His team, and quarterback, look like they stink. I will replace him next week with Marvin harrison (which I should have done this week but was too busy riding my bike). I am also worried about Palmer and the Bengals but I will give that some time to play out.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger nyfunnyman said…

    i wasn't as lucky. for reasons which i am still unsure about i benched calvin johnson and deshean jackson. had they started i would have easily won my match. im down 21 points heading into tonight when i have a player in each game (WR driver and TE Schleffer). i need a decently big night

     

Post a Comment

<< Home