MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Birchas Hachama and the Circle of Life

The last time we said Birchas Hachama was shorly before Pesach in 1981. A few days later, on April 19th, the first day of Yom Tov, my future HW and I were sitting on lounge chairs in her backyard in Far Rockaway, talking. We'd been dating for only seven weeks but I had been ready to marry her from the moment I saw her.

The romantic conversation went something like this:

Me: "So, you wanna get engaged?"

Future HW: "I guess so"

Me: "Like now?"

Future HW: "I guess".

(For the full story of how I met and Married MHW, click here).

So, when I say Birchas Hacham tomorrow morning (not with the chevra, I decided), that's what I will be thinking about: How incredibly blessed I've been to have met and married MHW and all the other blessings that G-d has bestowed upon me over the past 28 years since the last time we said the Bracha.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger and so it shall be... said…

    I caved and went to the AK sun festival ... and it was very nice, very organized, and for the most part, decidedly unwacky.

    I'm glad my fears went unrealized.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home